The Unixplorian food culture draws inspiration from the past and present. In many ways, we live at the crossroads of culinary traditions.
Our Scandinavian heritage sets the standard for most of our taste palette, where fresh products from the forest's pantry and seafood are essential ingredients. We contribute to the excellent European cuisine, but we are always original and differ from the Continental by our culinary roots. Our historical and cultural heritage picked up flavors from the world's far corners. The new ingredients are then lovingly blended and aligned to match our Unixplorian taste buds. Enjoy our delicious food and drinks; we do!
Unigastro is an organization that aims to preserve and develop Unixplorian food heritage.
We welcome chefs who wish to learn about our food culture and are willing to explore new matching ingredients to suit Unixplorian taste buds. The Unixplorian kitchen takes all that is best worldwide, making it a unique gastronomical experience. Welcome to the tasty world of Unixplorian gastronomy!
Eight easy steps for making your Unixplorian schnapps:
1. Buy a decent vodka. I usually use a brand of "brännvin," a Scandinavian liquor distilled from potatoes. The ABV is the same as in most vodkas,
2. Pour the vodka into an airtight glass container.
3. Add spices suitable for the season. I use dill, lemon, and ginger for our Easter schnapps. (*)
4. Let it mature for 2-7 days, depending on your added spices. I removed the ginger after 24 hours since it usually adds too much spice for my taste.
5. Add a bit of honey or sugar to taste. Stir well!
6. Filter through a regular coffee filter.
7. Pour the schnapps into a bottle.
8. Enjoy Responsibly, if you can!