The Master Blenders at The Royal Tobacconist of Unixploria are always finding new blends to satisfy the tobacco connoisseurs of Unixploria.
We specialize in premium pipe tobacco, cigars, and snus and carry many international brands and our quality brands of tobacco blends. We grow a small amount of our Unixplorian tobacco, which makes the blends quite exclusive. We also make our specialty, handcrafted Snus.
All products are sold at our shops all across the Kingdom. Prices are in UVI (Unixplorian Vitten).
Because of macro national legislation, we cannot ship internationally. All products are exclusively sold at the shops of the Royal Tobacconists in Unixploria.
The Kingdom of Unixploria does not condone its citizens to use tobacco, but we do not condemn it, unlike many macro nations. The adult population enjoys different tobacco products for recreational use. Cigars, pipe-smoking, and the use of snus are not uncommon among the adult population of Unixploria.
Smoking a pipe is a way to unwind, a moment of relaxation and contemplation.
Smoking a pipe is often associated with intelligence and tranquility. Pipe smoking also happens to be the oldest traditional form of tobacco. Whenever you light up your pipe, you are part of a long chain of history.
Snus is a smokeless tobacco product used only in a few countries across the world. The large population with roots in Sweden have taken the product to Unixploria. It is now widely spread all across the kingdom.
The Blend Masters at the Royal Tobacconists in Stronghaven have refined and added new tobacco blends to suit the demand for new snus flavors in our great kingdom.
Our blends and flavors are deeply rooted in our culture and taste buds, making it somewhat challenging for foreigners to appreciate fully.
Cigars are best enjoyed in a relaxed atmosphere, perhaps while reading a good book or drinking a stiff drink.
We all know that a cigar is a tightly-rolled bundle of dried, fermented tobacco leaves. We immediately recognize the smell of a lit cigar. The fragrance resembles that of a good quality perfume, almost sensual.
To some extent, cigar tobacco is grown here in Unixploria but is more prominent in countries like Brazil, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Panama, and the United States. We usually blend our tobacco with different leaves to get that unique Unixplorian blend.
1. Purchase 1 kg of a decent Tobacco Flour. Virginias mixed with Burley are usually good tobaccos to use for snus. The tobacco needs to be above average in nicotine strength; the Burley raises the nicotine level, and Virginia adds a mellow, sweet taste to the blend.
If you can, plan a year and cultivate your tobacco from seeds. It's much work, but it's great to make a product from seed to finished snus. Besides, you'll never have to pay for that precious tobacco again!
2. Pour the Tobacco Flour into a large bowl. Boil about 6-7 dl of water, and add 100 g of Salt. Whisk until dissolved. Let it cool slightly, then add the water solution to the tobacco. Stir it together using either a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Mix for about 10-15 minutes, less if you use a stand mixer.
3. Put the tobacco in a large, oven-safe container (with lid), slightly pressing down the tobacco. Place the bowl in the oven and let it ferment for 24 hours. The temperature should be about 85° C.
It's essential to check the temperature every once in a while. The temperature should not exceed 90° C.
4. After 24 hours in the oven, take the tobacco out of the oven. The snus should now cool down to room temperature. After the snus has cooled down, mix 5-7 dl of cold water with 50 g of Sodium Carbonate. Let the Sodium Carbonate dissolve, then add it to the snus.
5. Mix the snus well for about 15-20 minutes using a stand mixer; more time is needed if you use a hand mixer. Once the snus starts forming small tobacco balls in the bowl, it's usually mixed well enough.
6. Add 50 gr of Glycerin and Water to your liking. The snus must be moist. Add a few tablespoons of thickener to your taste.
7. Mix it well in a stand mixer for about 15-20 minutes; if you use a hand mixer, double the time. Add flavorings like Bergamotte, Eucalyptus, or Tar to flavor the snus.
8. Put the snus in a fridge for two weeks to mature.
9. After maturing in the fridge for two weeks, you can once again mix the snus, adding more water and flavorings. The more you mix, the firmer the snus. The snus should weigh about 2-2.5 kg when done.